ITEP In The News
September 27, 2016"The shifting composition of Ohio's taxes has meant a shift, too, in who pays for state and local government. According to an analysis by the Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy of the major tax changes between 2005 and 2014,...
September 27, 2016"In reality, undocumented immigrants are a net positive to the economy, contributing $11.64 billion into local and state taxes, according to a 2016 Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy report. What’s more, undocumented immigrants also contributed $35.1 billion to the...
September 15, 2016"The Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy, a non-profit, non-partisan think tank, reported that in 2012, undocumented immigrants paid more than $11.6 billion in state and local taxes." Read more...
September 15, 2016"Matt Gardner, executive director of the left-leaning Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy, called dynamic scoring a 'myopic analysis that’s done with a thumb on the scale. The premise is that tax cuts always help, and spending cuts never hurt.'”...
September 15, 2016"This is why, when the Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy analyzed tax systems in all 50 states in 2015, the group found Oklahoma families with annual income of less than $18,000 still paid about 10.5 percent of earnings in...
- State Tax Codes As Poverty Fighting Tools
- Undocumented Immigrants' State and Local Tax Contributions
- Who Pays? A Distributional Analysis of the Tax Systems in All 50 States (5th Edition)
- Corporate Tax Dodging in the Fifty States
- Improving Tax Fairness with a State Earned Income Tax Credit
- Debunking Laffer on Tax Cuts and Economic Growth
- The ITEP Guide to Fair State and Local Taxes
Tax Justice Blog
- State Rundown 9/21: Many States Moving in Reverse - 09/2016
- Mississippi's Proposed "Consumption Tax" Would Dramatically Lower Taxes for the Wealthy, Increase Taxes for the Poor - 09/2016
- How State Lawmakers Can Use Their Tax Codes to Fight Poverty - 09/2016
State Tax Codes as Poverty Fighting Tools
Property Tax Circuit Breakers
Reducing the Cost of Child Care Through State Tax Codes
Reports Using ITEP Data
Michigan League for Public Policy: Review tax expenditures to help fix Michigan's broken revenue stream