ITEP In The News
December 2, 2016"Matthew Gardner, a senior fellow at the Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy, who has critiqued the Trump-Pence Carrier deal in a series of blog posts, told In These Times he sees this entire saga as an example of Carrier...
December 2, 2016"But gas taxes are also highly regressive, falling most heavily on low- and middle-income families. In this case, an analysis using the Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy microsimulation model shows the gas tax increase will average 0.54 percent of...
December 1, 2016"The Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy reports that the poorest 20 percent of Nevada families pay 6.1 percent of their income in sales tax. The wealthiest one percent of Nevada families pays six-tenths of one percent." Read more...
November 30, 2016"The bill has nevertheless encountered opposition from various organizations within the District. Richard Phillips, senior policy analyst at the Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy, a non-profit, nonpartisan think tank that focuses on state and tax policy issues, expressed concerns...
November 30, 2016"Additionally, some economists say that it’s bad policy for states to offer up tax breaks for companies who agree to locate plants or other operations in certain communities, a practice that is widespread, with states and municipalities already providing $50...
- State Tax Subsidies for Private K-12 Education
- State Tax Codes As Poverty Fighting Tools
- Undocumented Immigrants' State and Local Tax Contributions
- Who Pays? A Distributional Analysis of the Tax Systems in All 50 States (5th Edition)
- Improving Tax Fairness with a State Earned Income Tax Credit
- Debunking Laffer on Tax Cuts and Economic Growth
- The ITEP Guide to Fair State and Local Taxes
Tax Justice Blog
- Tax Justice Digest: Bartering tax breaks for jobs, repatriation, tax breaks for seniors, and other state news - 12/2016
- State Rundown 11/30: Hitting the Road... or at Least Determining How to Fund It - 11/2016
- State Tax Breaks for the Elderly Primarily Benefit Wealthier Citizens and Drain State Coffers - 11/2016
Privatization, Waste, and Unfunded Projects: The Problems with Trump's Infrastructure Proposal
State Tax Preferences for Elderly Taxpayers
Comprehensive Guide to "Repatriation" Proposals