ITEP In The News
International Business Times: Immigration Reform 2014: Economic Impact Of Obama Helping Immigrants Includes More Jobs, Tax Revenue
November 20, 2014TEXAS Immigrants comprise 21 percent of Texas’ labor force, according to the 2011 U.S. Census Bureau. If all illegal immigrants were removed from Texas, the state would lose $69.3 billion in economic activity, $30.8 billion in gross state product and...
November 20, 2014Everybody knows Arizona is a low tax state. Our legislature has been cutting rates for decades, and as a result, according to the Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy, we're number 35 in overall state taxes; only 15 states have...
November 18, 2014Re “Movie shows MJC’s bias “ (Letters, Nov. 16): The recent letter complaining about illegal immigrants stated that they do not pay income taxes. This is not correct. A study by the non-profit, non-partisan Institute on Taxation and Economic...
November 17, 2014But if the rich feel slighted, consider this: A study last year by the Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy found that lower- and middle-income residents pay a higher percentage of their wages to the income tax than do the...
November 11, 2014The Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy, a liberal-leaning think tank, last spring estimated that if the Hall tax were eliminated, Tennessee’s wealthiest residents with annual incomes of $970,000 would receive “a whopping 63 percent of the benefits of the...
- State Tax Codes As Poverty Fighting Tools
- Improving Tax Fairness with a State Earned Income Tax Credit
- Corporate Tax Explorer
- ITEP's Analyses of Tax Reform Proposals in the States
- Undocumented Immigrants' State and Local Tax Contributions
- Who Pays? A Distributional Analysis of the Tax Systems in All 50 States (4th Edition)
- Debunking Laffer on Tax Cuts and Economic Growth
- The ITEP Guide to Fair State and Local Taxes
Tax Justice Blog
- The Internet and Taxes: Good and Bad Ideas Might Be Combined in Compromise Tax Bill - 11/2014
- The Realities of Governing Will Put Candidates' Anti-Tax Rhetoric to the Test - 11/2014
- Taxing Toking: The Tax Implications of Marijuana Ballot Initiatives - 10/2014
State Tax Codes As Poverty Fighting Tools
Reports Using ITEP Data
New Mexico Voices for Children: Expanding New Mexico's Working Families Tax Credit Would Generate Economic Activity and Help Hard-Working Families