ITEP In The News
October 13, 2014Meg Wiehe, state tax policy director for the Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy, said that, based only on the income tax portion of the changes, about 35% of North Carolinians would see a tax increase, another 16% would see...
October 10, 2014Meg Wiehe, state tax policy director for the Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy, said that, based only on the income tax portion of the changes, about 35 percent of North Carolinians would see a tax increase, another 16...
October 10, 2014Matthew Gardner, executive director of the left-leaning Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy, notes that many states in recent years have gone down the same road as Massachusetts by linking fuel taxes to inflation or prices. “It’s been a very...
October 8, 2014All states impose some kind of gas tax that generally supports transportation infrastructure, but the taxes and fees that drivers actually pay make up a smaller share of total highway funding than at any point since the Interstate Highway System...
October 7, 2014In an analysis of how the Indiana cuts are distributed by income groups, the liberal Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy found that the bottom 20 percent are getting an average cut of $10, those in the middle are getting...
- State Tax Codes As Poverty Fighting Tools
- Improving Tax Fairness with a State Earned Income Tax Credit
- Corporate Tax Explorer
- ITEP's Analyses of Tax Reform Proposals in the States
- Undocumented Immigrants' State and Local Tax Contributions
- Who Pays? A Distributional Analysis of the Tax Systems in All 50 States (4th Edition)
- Debunking Laffer on Tax Cuts and Economic Growth
- The ITEP Guide to Fair State and Local Taxes
State Tax Codes As Poverty Fighting Tools
Reports Using ITEP Data
North Carolina Justice Center: Stronger Earned Income Tax Credit and Minimum Wage - Both Needed to Help Low-Wage Working Families