ITEP In The News
January 26, 2015ITEP Executive Director Matt Gardner appeared on C-SPAN's Washington Journal on Jan. 24 to discuss President Obama's tax proposal. Check out the video....
January 26, 2015Meg Wiehe, ITEP state policy director, appeared on Weekends with Alex Witt, to talk about declining lotto sales. Check out the video....
January 25, 2015On Jan. 15, the Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy (ITEP) released a report ranking the states in terms of how progressive their tax systems are. A “progressive” tax system is one that asks wealthier taxpayers to pay more of...
January 25, 2015A national study out this month confirms Minnesota is doing a better job at sharing the responsibility for paying for public services among all taxpayers than most other states in the U.S. The study from the Institute on Taxation and...
January 25, 2015Indiana has the 10th most regressive tax structure in the nation, according to the Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy. Households in the lowest percentile, excluding seniors, pay 12 percent of annual income on state and local taxes. The top...
- Who Pays? A Distributional Analysis of the Tax Systems in All 50 States (5th Edition)
- State Tax Codes As Poverty Fighting Tools
- Improving Tax Fairness with a State Earned Income Tax Credit
- Corporate Tax Explorer
- Undocumented Immigrants' State and Local Tax Contributions
- Debunking Laffer on Tax Cuts and Economic Growth
- The ITEP Guide to Fair State and Local Taxes
Tax Justice Blog
- State Rundown 1/22: Twists, Turns and Intrigue - 01/2015
- State Rundown 1/20: Plenty of Tax Cut Proposals - 01/2015
- Who Pays? Report Brings out the Red Herring Brigade - 01/2015
Who Pays? 5th Edition
State Tax Codes As Poverty Fighting Tools
Reports Using ITEP Data
North Carolina Justice Center: A Capital Loss - Eliminating taxes on capital gains would make North Carolina's tax system more unfair
Oregon Center for Public Policy: Oregon Tax System Does Better Job Than Most in Not Worsening Income Inequality