ITEP In The News
May 21, 2015But with the summer driving season about to start this weekend, the nonpartisan Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy (ITEP) has jumped into the debate with some new data and commentary about the gas tax. It points out that, taking...
PolitiFact: Are there more U.S. Senators than Wisconsin residents who would benefit from GOP estate tax plan
May 21, 2015Matthew Gardner, executive director of the Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy, called the estimation "pretty rock solid" and said the Center on Budget Policies and Priorities used a sensible starting point. "To be able to do anything differently, you...
May 20, 2015The supposed “historic” tax cut of 2013 actually resulted in a tax code under which the average taxpayer in the bottom 80 percent of the income distribution now pays more in state and local taxes, according to the Institute on...
May 19, 2015The left-wing Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy agrees with the conclusion and observes that when targeted tax breaks do reduce revenue, "that means reductions in the public services that businesses use every day." In other words, the Hotel Niagara's...
May 18, 2015The Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy report of 2015 notes that Hawaii is the state with the second highest percent of its taxes paid by the bottom fifth as we tax them at a rate of 13.4 percent. The...
- Undocumented Immigrants' State and Local Tax Contributions
- Who Pays? A Distributional Analysis of the Tax Systems in All 50 States (5th Edition)
- ITEP's Analyses of 2015 Tax Reform Proposals in the States
- Improving Tax Fairness with a State Earned Income Tax Credit
- Corporate Tax Explorer
- Debunking Laffer on Tax Cuts and Economic Growth
- The ITEP Guide to Fair State and Local Taxes
Tax Justice Blog
- Sweet Sixteen: States Continue to Take On Gas Tax Reform - 05/2015
- Inflation Drives Federal Gas Tax Down Almost 40% - 05/2015
- State Rundown 5/18: Late-Breaking Developments - 05/2015