ITEP In The News
August 30, 2016"An analysis by the Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy, updated in February, found that the estimated 11 million undocumented immigrants living in the United States collectively pay $11.64 billion in state and local taxes annually. This includes more than...
August 30, 2016"[Tax holidays] don’t help lower-income people much either, according to the left-leaning Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy (ITEP)." Read more...
August 30, 2016"'The 11 million undocumented immigrants currently living in the United States collectively paid $11.64 billion in state and local taxes,' explains the website for the Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy." Read more...
August 26, 2016"A report released by the Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy in February of this year found that, in sum, undocumented people paid an estimated $11.64 billion in local and state taxes. As undocumented people, they will never see that...
August 25, 2016"VIEW FROM THE LEFT: The liberal Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy is out with a couple new studies this week, including a paper arguing that state officials need to keep in mind that lowering state income taxes will lead...
- State Tax Codes As Poverty Fighting Tools
- Undocumented Immigrants' State and Local Tax Contributions
- Who Pays? A Distributional Analysis of the Tax Systems in All 50 States (5th Edition)
- Corporate Tax Dodging in the Fifty States
- Improving Tax Fairness with a State Earned Income Tax Credit
- Debunking Laffer on Tax Cuts and Economic Growth
- The ITEP Guide to Fair State and Local Taxes
The Folly of State Capital Gains Tax Cuts
Reports Using ITEP Data
Michigan League for Public Policy: Review tax expenditures to help fix Michigan's broken revenue stream