ITEP In The News
August 28, 2014By Tom Davidson, The city still bustles with traffic now and then, although most of it’s just passing through town. On Thursday afternoon, Mayor Dwan Walker and City Manager Sam Gill took a drive through Aliquippa, starting at what they...
August 28, 2014All the fracas over tax inversions like the recent Burger King-Tim Horton's merger has generated some interesting ideas for broader changes in the way we tax multinational firms. One would base a firm’s US taxable profits on the US share...
August 20, 2014"Zach Schiller of Policy Matters Ohio has assessed the broad impact of the changes, with the help of the Institute of Taxation and Economic Policy, a research group in Washington. In a report released this week, he found that as...
August 19, 2014By the Editorial Board: Nearly a decade ago, Ohio placed a fateful bet: that big tax cuts, especially for the state’s richest people and corporations, would generate strong job creation, economic growth, and revenue increases. That mostly hasn’t happened. Columbus’...
August 17, 2014By Jeremy Bowman: Nearly every state in the union charges a sales tax, and the tax levied on goods and services sold at the retail level is just one of many tools states use to collect revenue, along with licensing...
- Improving Tax Fairness with a State Earned Income Tax Credit
- Corporate Tax Explorer
- ITEP's Analyses of Tax Reform Proposals in the States
- Undocumented Immigrants' State and Local Tax Contributions
- Who Pays? A Distributional Analysis of the Tax Systems in All 50 States (4th Edition)
- Debunking Laffer on Tax Cuts and Economic Growth
- The ITEP Guide to Fair State and Local Taxes
Tax Justice Blog
- Cumulative Impact of Ohio Tax Changes Revealed - 08/2014
- How to Combat the Rapid Rise of Tobacco Smuggling - 08/2014
- Tobacco Industry Games Rules to Dodge Billions in Taxes - 08/2014
State Estate and Inheritance Taxes
Reports Using ITEP Data
Policy Matters Ohio: Out-of-Step
Policy Matters Ohio: The Great Ohio Tax Shift