ITEP In The News
March 7, 2014(Original Post) Transcript: state governments can raise their gas taxes anytime they want to fund their own highways. there's nothing stopping them. we also need to look at privatization. so in northern virginia where i live, they just...
March 6, 2014(Original Post) By Eric Bates | March 6, 2014 If you had told me last year that a red state in the Deep South could possibly turn blue within two or three election cycles, I probably would’ve laughed at you...
March 6, 2014(Original Post) "Oh yes, I know what you’ve heard. And it’s true, as the state’s boosters like to brag, that Texas does not have an income tax. But Texas has sales and property taxes that make its overall burden of...
March 5, 2014(Original Post) Posted: Wednesday, March 5, 2014 10:22 am By Mary Clarkin The Hutchinson News email@example.com More fuel-efficient vehicles rolling off production lines will make it harder to maintain Reno County’s roads and bridges, authorities caution. Motorists in Kansas pay...
March 5, 2014(Original Post) Florida Gov. Rick Scott used his State of the State address yesterday to encourage state lawmakers to move forward with $560 million in proposed tax cuts, including a $100 million cut to commercial rental taxes, a roll-back of...
- The Sorry State of Corporate Taxes
- ITEP's Analyses of Tax Reform Proposals in the States
- Undocumented Immigrants' State and Local Tax Contributions
- Who Pays? A Distributional Analysis of the Tax Systems in All 50 States (4th Edition)
- Debunking Laffer on Tax Cuts and Economic Growth
- Building a Better Gas Tax
- The ITEP Guide to Fair State and Local Taxes
Tax Justice Blog
- Wisconsin Lawmakers Move Forward with Tax Cuts - 03/2014
- State News Quick Hits: Tax Breaks for NASCAR and House of Cards - 02/2014
- State Tax Breaks Pile Up - 02/2014
The Sorry State of Corporate Taxes
Personal Income Tax Reform: Improving the Fairness of Taxes in the District of Columbia
Paying for Education Finance Reform in Colorado
Reports Using ITEP Data
Washington State Budget & Policy Center: Corporate Tax Dodge Findings Show Need for Reforms in Washington State
Wisconsin Budget Project: New Study Finds Large Number of the Major, Profitable Corporations Pay Little in Corporate Taxes