ITEP In The News
February 22, 2017Now, obviously, raising the gas tax would mean a lot more money going to the government for transportation. As the Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy (ITEP) pointed out in a 2013 report, the gas tax is the most important funding...
February 22, 2017According to figures from the Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy, about a quarter of the estimated $200 million that would be generated by restoring the full sales tax on food would be paid by households making less than $43,000...
February 21, 2017A report published by the Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy (ITEP) in 2016 found that undocumented immigrants contribute around $11.6 billion to the economy annually. Undocumented immigrants in Wyoming contributed $12.7 million in state in federal taxes last year,...
February 20, 2017According to the Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy (ITEP), Connecticut’s state and local tax system is the 26th most regressive in the nation. That simple fact alone is reason enough to demand real tax fairness. Connecticut’s budget issues cannot...
February 18, 2017That same paper showed that the ANNUAL lost state revenue because of cuts to the top personal income tax rate enacted since 2005 is $1.022 billion PER YEAR, according to an analysis conducted for Oklahoma Policy Institute by the Institute...
- Undocumented Immigrants' State and Local Tax Contributions
- Comprehensive Guide to "Repatriation" Proposals
- State Tax Subsidies for Private K-12 Education
- State Tax Codes As Poverty Fighting Tools
- Who Pays? A Distributional Analysis of the Tax Systems in All 50 States (5th Edition)
- The ITEP Guide to Fair State and Local Taxes
Tax Justice Blog
- State Rundown 2/15: Tax Overhauls Debated Around the Country - 02/2017
- What to Watch in the States: Modernizing Sales Taxes for a 21st Century Economy - 02/2017
- Tax Justice Digest: What to watch in the states, debunking the supply-side myth - 02/2017
Regressive and Loophole-Ridden: Issues with the House GOP Border Adjustment Tax Proposal
State Gasoline Taxes: Built to Fail, But Fixable
Reports Using ITEP Data
Georgia Budget & Policy Institute: Income Tax Bill Offers Earned Income Tax Credit Upside, Flat Tax Downside
West Virginia Center on Budget & Policy: Income Tax Elimination is a Poor Growth Strategy