ITEP In The News
October 24, 2016"Matt Gardner, executive director with the Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy, told Bloomberg BNA that rules governing materiality 'are neither stringent nor precise,' and that banks are realizing they don't have to disclose them if they don't want to."...
October 23, 2016"'It’s emblematic of the way most people feel about the tax system,' said Matt Gardner, executive director of the Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy, a nonprofit and nonpartisan research organization. 'It favors those who have the resources.'" Read more...
October 20, 2016"The Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy estimated undocumented immigrants paid about $10.6 billion in state and local taxes in 2010 — about $8 billion of which was accumulated through sales and excise taxes." Read more...
Quartz: It's possible that half of undocumented US immigrants have paid more taxes than Donald Trump
October 20, 2016"She’s right on the proportion of unauthorized immigrants who pay taxes, according to research from the Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy, or ITEP." Read more...
October 20, 2016"In addition, Nevada finishes just out of the 'terrible top 10' list of the Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy’s assessment of overall fairness in state tax systems. Nevada ranks the 13th most unfair state and local tax system in...
- State Tax Subsidies for Private K-12 Education
- State Tax Codes As Poverty Fighting Tools
- Undocumented Immigrants' State and Local Tax Contributions
- Who Pays? A Distributional Analysis of the Tax Systems in All 50 States (5th Edition)
- Improving Tax Fairness with a State Earned Income Tax Credit
- Debunking Laffer on Tax Cuts and Economic Growth
- The ITEP Guide to Fair State and Local Taxes
Tax Justice Blog
- State Rundown 10/19: An Attempted Sales Tax Ban, Kansas Revenue Talk, and Ballot Measures - 10/2016
- On Revenues and Referenda: Weighing Cigarette Tax Increases - 10/2016
- On Revenues and Referenda: Missouri Voters Could Ban Sales Tax Modernization - 10/2016
Cigarette Taxes: Issues and Options
State Tax Subsidies for Private K-12 Education
Offshore Shell Games 2016
Reports Using ITEP Data
Michigan League for Public Policy: Review tax expenditures to help fix Michigan's broken revenue stream