Reports Using ITEP Data
May 20, 2015As this post shows, the personal income tax is not only the largest source of revenue from state residents but it is also a progressive tax that helps reduce income inequality and pay for important budget priorities like education, higher...
May 7, 2015Earned Income Tax Credits (EITCs) encourage work, enhance take-home pay, improve health & economic outcomes, and have lasting benefits. Proposals to create a state-level EITC would build on these benefits of the federal EITC for more than 500,000 Missouri families....
May 7, 2015Big income tax cuts did not improve the economies of states that enacted them, and states without income taxes do not consistently grow more jobs or have stronger economies. Six states cut income taxes sharply from 2002 to 2007, before...
May 7, 2015Governor Rauner has proposed to close this massive gap through damaging cuts to essential programs and services that strengthen Illinois families, children, communities, and our economy — including child care and early intervention services, K-12 education, afterschool, child protection and...
April 23, 2015When the top marginal tax rates and cap on itemized deductions expire in 2015, Hawaii's wealthiest residents will see a windfall. Meanwhile, our working families are not scheduled to get any relief. Read the full report here....
- Undocumented Immigrants' State and Local Tax Contributions
- Who Pays? A Distributional Analysis of the Tax Systems in All 50 States (5th Edition)
- ITEP's Analyses of 2015 Tax Reform Proposals in the States
- Improving Tax Fairness with a State Earned Income Tax Credit
- Corporate Tax Explorer
- Debunking Laffer on Tax Cuts and Economic Growth
- The ITEP Guide to Fair State and Local Taxes
Tax Justice Blog
- Sweet Sixteen: States Continue to Take On Gas Tax Reform - 05/2015
- Inflation Drives Federal Gas Tax Down Almost 40% - 05/2015
- State Rundown 5/18: Late-Breaking Developments - 05/2015